Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One Step Too Far is Just Right!


If you are desperate for a new book to put on your must-read list, One Step Too Far ticks all the boxes. April 15 is the publication release date for this provocative and enticing read, so you won't have to wait long. This is the story of a woman who feels she can only face a tragic event in her life by walking away from everyone she loves and completely refashioning her life.

The book's setting is in England and,much to my fancy, is written in typical British slang. Although I am a Midwest girl, I am also a glutton for British sayings. Not a day goes by when shat, bugger, nutter or bloody hell doesn't fall from my lips, so right there my credibility with some of you may be shot to bloody hell, but no matter. 

One Step Too Far is intriguing and the ending, I am ashamed to say, caught me off-guard. I do feel that the end of the second part of the book into the third became a little gratuitous as if the author were trying to live out her own fantasy. There were just parts that seemed so unbelievable; however, that is what fiction is all about, right? So, perhaps I shouldn't be so quick too judge. But overall, I loved this book and couldn't put it down. 

Check it out April 15, 2013. Thank you, NetGalley and Kirk Parolles Publishing for allowing me the pleasure to read this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment